Seroprevalence of Herpes Simplex Virus
Type 2 Among Persons Aged 14-49 Years—United States, 2005-2008 (April 2010, MMWR)
- Congenital Syphilis—United States, 2003-2008 (April 2010, MMWR)
Syphilis Outbreak Among American Indians—Arizona,
2007-2009 (February 2010,
Sexual and Reproductive Health of Persons
Aged 10-24 Years—United States, 2002-2007 (July 2009, MMWR)
Clinic-Based Testing for Rectal and Pharyngeal
Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis Infections by Community-Based
Organizations – Five Cities—United States, 2007 (July 2009, MMWR)
Primary and Secondary Syphilis—Jefferson
County, Alabama 2002-2007
(May 2009, MMWR)
- Chlamydia Screening Among
Sexually Active Young Female Enrollees of Health Plans—United
States, 2000-2007 (April 2009, MMWR)
Back to Top
Policy Publications and
- For state health policy publications and information,
visit the Council of State Governments’ Healthy States Web site. They offer publications on more than 20 policy topics and
on public health issues.
- Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) Legal/Policy Toolkit – This toolkit provides resources to assist states that are interested in adopting laws supportive of EPT as well as to assist states that have adopted such laws with addressing barriers to their full implementation. It is intended as a resource for voluntary use by government officials at the state and local levels, their public and private sector partners, and others who are interested in adopting or facilitating the implementation of statutes or regulations that permit EPT in clinical practice.
- Tribal HIV/STD Advocacy Kit & Policy Guide – A Kit for American Indian and Alaska Native Tribal Leaders, Health Advocates, and Decision-Makers – This toolkit contains facts about sexual health, tools for assessing community readiness to implement a sexual health program, information to guide policy development, case studies of effective models for change, and additional resources to strengthen community sexual health activities and policies.
Back to Top
Other Publications and
Membership to www.STDPreventionOnline.org may be required for free access to publications.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections – A supplement issue (December 2011, volume 87, supplement 2) that provides first a snapshot of global sexual health with reports from different regions which highlight current STI challenges and what is being done to address them.
Journal of Infectious Diseases – Eleven articles in a special supplement (June
2010, volume 201, supplement 2) issue resulting from the June 2010 Chlamydia Immunology
and Control Expert Advisory Meeting.
- STD Surveillance Report – The report, Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2010 presents statistics and trends for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States through 2010. This annual publication is intended as a reference document for policy makers, program managers, health planners, researchers, and others who are concerned with the public health implications of these diseases.
- Indian Health Surveillance Report: Sexually Transmitted Diseases – This report presents statistics and trends for STDs among American Indians and
Alaska Natives (AI/AN) in the United States.
- The American Journal of
Preventive Medicine published a study that
identified clinical preventive services for adolescents that did not have a strong
evidence base and identified research gaps and opportunities. Solberg L, Nordin
JD, Bryant TL, Kristensen AH, Maloney SK. Clinical Preventive Services for Adolescents.
Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37(5):445-454.
- A supplement to Sexually Transmitted Diseases (February 2009) was devoted to responding to the burden
of STD, HIV, and viral hepatitis in correctional populations.
- A supplement to Public Health Reports (November) published a collection of papers describing
various OASIS-related activities to improve the surveillance of STDs.
- ACIP guidance on the use of the quadrivalent HPV vaccine
in males and use of the newly licensed
bivalent vaccine in females.
Back to Top