NPIN. Connecting partners in public health.
View PDF of this poster
We asked; you answered.
This year, NPIN surveyed our users to learn more about what they think of our products and services and how we can best serve you. Here's what we learned:
NPIN is a trusted resource.
“NPIN services are a trusted, useful, high-quality resource that people love to share.”
Websites, Web Tools, Campaign Resources, Webinars, Telebriefings, Prevention News Update, Organizations Database, Funding Database, Materials Database, Electronic Mailing/Special Announcements, Social Media
- 91% find NPIN services trustworthy
- 60% rate all NPIN services surveyed as useful or very useful
- 70% rate 13 of the NPIN services as useful or very useful
- 62% find NPIN services high or very high quality
- 80% rate the NPIN website & News Update as high or very high quality
- 58% share NPIN info once per week
- 85% share NPIN info at least once per month
NPIN has something useful for all partners.
“NPIN services have something for everyone. Just look at 712 people that helped us with this evaluation!
They came from different types of organizations with varied experience and across all age ranges.”
- 3% Clinical Setting
- 4% Private, For-Profit Org
- 7% US Government
- 10% Local/County Health Department
- 11% Other
- 17% Community Based/Non-Profit Org
- 28% State Health Department
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 4% Less than one year
- 4% 1 year
- 17% 2-5 years
- 18% 6-10 years
- 37% More than 10 years
- 3% 18–29 years old
- 12% 30–39 years old
- 20% 40–49 years old
- 28% 50–59 years old
- 14% 60+
- 3% Preferred not to answer
NPIN connects partners to credible CDC information
“With our tremendous reach across a variety of channels, NPIN is moving CDC science at the speed of the web.”
- 12,280 Twitter followers
- 1,004 LinkedIn Group Members
- Facebook Fans, 833 Likes
- Nearly 3 million (2,769,228) unique Web site visitors a year
NPIN provides a platform for connecting public health professionals.
“Just in our evaluation period of Sept 2011 to August of 2012… we’ve been bringing more and more of you and your colleagues the information you need.”
GROWTH IN TWITTER FOLLOWERS
- Increase from 7,723 to 12,280 (+59%).
GROWTH IN LINKEDIN GROUP
- Increase from 513 to 1,004 members (+96%).
- Increase from 352 to 833 likes (+136%).
WEB SITE VISITORS
- Increase from 2,339,664 to 2,769,228 (+18.36%).
NPIN leans forward with cutting-edge innovation.
“Whether it is embracing the mobile revolution or open data we are ready to provide the science of the CDC to you on your iPhone or in your web app.”
- Mobile visitors increased 155%.
HITS TO NPIN WEB SERVICES
- Partners using NPIN Data feeds pulled over 2 million records this year.
- 131% increase from 289,445 to 671,432.
NPIN is successful because of our partners.
NPIN. National Prevention Information Network. www.cdcnpin.org
Tell us how you are using the NPIN services. Tweet @CDCNPIN and use #iuseNPIN
The CDC National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) is the U.S. reference and referral service for information on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and tuberculosis (TB).